Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dark Vengeance: Consecrators Tactical Marine WIP

A friend from the local gaming club and I split up a Dark Vengeance box. He plays Chaos, and I wanted those Marines.

I have begun work on the Marines from the box. Originally, I had the idea of removing the iconography and making them Angels Sanguine. After looking at the minis, I gave up on that idea. The three bikers are the exception here. The iconography was quite simple to remove from the bikes. So, they will be redeemed into my Angels Sanguine army.

As you can see from the photos, I didn't want to paint up some green Dark Angels. I have a bit of an affinity for successor chapters. So, I decided to try my hand at the Consecrators.

I realize that they have their own army badge, and I should technically have removed the Dark Angels markings. Well, I didn't. Nevertheless, I don't feel too bad about them having the markings as they are a successor chapter.

I decided to color their bases the same as my Angels Sanguine with the materials on the base being slightly different. This will tie them in when I use them as allies.

No comments: