Monday, September 24, 2012

Should I Wait on my Luna Wolves?


The model to the left represents the first (test) model for a very slowly progressing Luna Wolves project that I started. I realize that the thunder hammer and storm Shield are anachronistic. Nevertheless, I was trying to get started into this pre-heresy project. So, I was testing the conversion and testing the painting.

In the mean time, Forge World releases their intent to publish heresy books with specifics for the Legions. I start to question whether I should wait for the release of these books and models. I understand that the books will focus on the Sons of Horus, but the only difference between Luna Wolves and the Sons of Horus is the change in name at a particular point in imperial history, right?

Then Karitas over at Excommunicate Traitoris attends Games Day UK 2012. In his blog coverage of the event, he posts this picture of of the Sons of Horus Terminators. I am questioning whether I should put the Luna Wolves on hold. Should I wait? or Should I press on? Should I convert my (unfinished) Luna Wolf terminator into another chapter or legion? Forge World's Legion terminators in the picture look great, and I am afraid that I will always regret having not used them. What are your thoughts on the matter?

3 comments:

Karitas said...

Hm. let me speak in an analogy, then see if it bears relevance..

For many years I have toyed with the idea of converting a plastic baneblade into a fellblade. I haven't done it, because I couldn't get to a place where i could be happy it would look right.. too many rivets.. how do i make the right shape turret. etc etc.. Now they release a kit.. its stunning, all my problems are solved.. i must have one..

.. but this is ONLY because i wouldnt have been happy with the conversion i could achieve... so the question fr you is.. are you happy with the conversion.. or does the conversion have shortfalls in your eyes that would be addressed by using the FW kit?


Unknown said...

I asked this same question about a week ago concerning my Heresy Space Wolves project.

Someone who left a comment on my blog said a project like this is a great opportunity to express "one's personality and creativity as an artist" and I really took it to heart. I say press on! You can always add some of the awesome FW stuff in later.

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

I appreciate both of you leaving your comments. You have both given good wisdom to help me make the decision. Fortunately, I am progressing very slowly. So, I have time to make a decision without having to feel rushed.