Thursday, September 17, 2009

Game Tomorrow!


I have a game scheduled tomorrow. As things stand, there will be three players from our local play group attending. So, that puts me in a tight spot. I want all three players to play and have fun. I don't want anyone to be left out.

With that in mind, I plan to have a 3 way battle. I have never participated in a 3 way scenario. The only thing that I can figure is 1 objective in the center of the table. We'll call it the "King of the Hill" mission.

If anyone has any ideas or experience with three way battles, I am open to suggestions. Please post a comment with your thoughts.

At any rate, you can expect a battle report. Hopefully, it will be big fun for all involved.

5 comments:

SynnerG said...

I can't any offer any ideas up for the free for all, but I for see a bloody mess at the end. :-) Can't wait to see the report!

Raptor1313 said...

Huh boy, 3 way?

3 Way may very well turn into a 'double team' and end with a 'mop up' operation.

I think there's soemthing to be said for deployment zones; you want to get them evenly spaced apart. I'm not sure a 6x4 table will do the best, since if you all start at one edge...yeah.

It also changes the nature of outflanking, since outflanking relies on a 'there are two sides that belong to neither of us.'

I'd go either solo objective, or better yet, a home objective AND a middle objective.

Turn order's the other big question. Do you roll off for one order, and keep it? Or, do you roll off each turn? Or do you have some kind of alternating order, like 123, 231, 312, etc... since last turn has an impact on objective claiming, and the like.

Just food for thought, mind you.

brent said...

Suggestion:

Primary Objective- control the objectives in the enemy zone.

Secondary Objective: bring enemy units below half strength

Tertiary Objective: kill the most valuable enemy HQ

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

I can only say that I hope it does turn into a blood bath, lol!!

I think that I will combine the good ideas of both Brent and Raptor.

-Random Turn Sequence
-1 Home Base Objective Each
-The dead body of each army general will stay on the table and become an objective (Maybe worth 2 objectives).

Hallowed Ground said...

I eagerly await the results (and Im sorry I couldnt attend! I hope my excuse is valid ;) )