Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Project: Modular Terrain

I bought six 2'x4' sheets of polystyrene the other day at Leroy Merlin. I am planning on building some Modular Terrain pieces for a gaming board. This project is very exciting to me. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time. However, I could never really afford to put the money or time into it.

All the stars have come into alignment. So, I am researching and planning out my modular terrain.

As my Angels Sanguine army have urban bases, I am planning to make some type of urban battlefield or ruined city. This will be my 'home field.' Anyone who comes to my house to play should feel like the visiting team on the pitch!!

If you all have any suggestions or great links to turorials, etc. Let me know, please.

2 comments:

Karitas said...

Guten Haben Feldmarshal.

I spent some time last year building a terrain board. over a half term. I chronicled a bunch of techniques.. and hope the thread is of use to you :)

http://excommunicatetratoris.blogspot.com/2011/04/building-terrain-board-in-four-days.html

If I had one peice of advice.. it would be to start with a sketch, and have a plan. even if you abandon it. it's useful to visualise.

anything i can help with, drop me a line.

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

Guten Tag, Karitas.

Thank you so very much for posting the link and the advice. They have helped me tremendously.