Monday, July 9, 2012

Death Company: Vanguard Veteran Converts

 They're Back!! Like many of you, I am excited about the prospect of playing with our beloved Death Company again. They really are one of the great units of 40k. They have been loved by all since their inception. They have great fluff, and they hit like a ton of bricks.

With the removal of the movement penalty for Rage and the attack buff added to rage, the death company has shifted from a 'never take' unit to a 'must include' unit. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of space marines either.

Since the days of the White Dwarf codex, I have been slowly converting all my old DC (the metal ones) into other things. I was oblivious to the possibility that something might change to make them useful again. Then 6th edition drops.

So, I have some Vanguard Vets on the work desk which I had never painted (they had 2 power swords and 3 thunder hammer/storm shields). I grabbed an arm from a AoBR Terminator out of the bits box. Sliced it up and put the power fist on this death company marine. Of course, I magnetized them for jump packs or backpacks.

I also ordered a box of the GW plastic Death Company. I have been wanting to do that for a while now.






No comments: