Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Product Review: Vallejo Matte Varnish

I don't do these very often. Perhaps I should do more. Nevertheless, I want to bring your attention to an outstanding product: Vallejo Matte Varnish.

I love this stuff. I have most exclusively used the Purity Seal/Matte Varnish from Citadel Paints. However, I have tried various other products in an attempt to find something cheaper. I have tried every kind of spray varnish labeled 'flat' or 'matte' at local craft stores or DIY stores.

I went into a FLGS the other day to buy some Citadel Varnish and one of the Italian gentlemen suggested that I try Vallejo. He was quite adamant about the products superiority to other competitors. I agreed to try it.

Wow! He was right. Vallejo Matte Varnish is far superior to every product that I have tried. The finish is perfect. A model that is protected from chipping by a clear coat. Furthermore, this product is able to remove the shiny that sometimes comes from washes or glazes. The product is so good, that I was able to correct shiny mishaps from other products which I had sprayed on my models in search of the perfect Matte Varnish.

Vallejo's Matte Varnish cost the same as Citadel Varnish in the store where I bought it. So, you are not 'beating the man' to save money. However, you are buying a superior product.

I highly recommend Vallejo Matte Varnish to anyone who has the mind to clear coat their models.

No comments: