Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Attack Bikes or a Land Raider?





Now that the dust has settled from 'Ard Boyz. I have to get ready for the standard tournament size list in the local gaming environment. The standard points value for the two closest stores is 1850. I have an idea to begin with the following list:




HQ
-Dante
-Corbulo

Elites
-Death Company, Rhino with Extra Armor
-Furioso Dreadnought, Death Company, Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor

Troops
-Assault Squad, Powerfist, Rhino with Extra Armor
-Assault Squad, Powersword, Rhino with Extra Armor
-Assault Squad, Poweraxe, Rhino with Extra Armor
-Tactical Squad, 10 men, Lascannon, Meltagun, Rhino with Extra Armor, Pintle Storm Bolter

Fast Attack
-Attack Bike, Multi-Melta
-Attack Bike, Multi-Melta

Heavy Support
-3x Baal Predator, Pintle Storm Bolter, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor

My intention is to begin here and play at least 5 games without making any changes to the list. After getting in the 5 games. I will make one minor change to address any issues that I find and play from there.

I have a Land Raider all ready to go, but I am not sure that I can afford the points for it at this level. I have another list with the Land Raider included. However, once I put the Land Raider in, I really feel like I should put some Assault Terminators in the Land Raider. I suppose the Land Raider could deliver the Death Company into the heart of the enemy.

Decisions . . . Decisions . . .

2 comments:

SynnerG said...

Hey there, I'm also interested in running a BA list inspired by Jawaballs. I'll keep an eye out for battle reports and the like, since I'm interested in knowing how this list works out in action before I start buying up models.

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

Yea man. I will post battle reports with pictures. I play every other weekend, because of my work schedule. But stay tuned!

I have had a good experience with his list and tactics thus far.