Thursday, December 22, 2011

Assault Squad Meltaguns WIP

 I have made a little bit of progress on my meltagunners. I ran through the usual color progression up to this point: Blood Red, Black, Sunburst (I think that is the name) Yellow followed by Baal Red Wash, Badab Black Wash, and Ogryn Flesh Wash applied respectively to the colors listed above.

I brought out a member of each of the three assault squads. I did this to help me remember the things which I painted unique to each squad. The plan is for my meltaguns to match their respective squads perfectly.

One squad has red weapon casings. Another has black weapon casings. The third has caution stripes on their chainswords and favor the combat knife in hand and bolt pistols in holsters.

I have found not having a place to play 40k to be a blessing and a curse. The curse is obvious: I do not get to play 40k. The blessing, however, was a little less obvious: I feel no pressure to rush through any of my models. I have been painting along at a comfortable speed and making progress on my efforts to re-base the army. Once I have all my Marines like I want them, I am not sure what I will do . . . buy some vehicles, I guess.

3 comments:

High Marshal Hunter said...

dude, your stuff looks awesome!!

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

Thanks, man. I wish I could get at your Necrons! :)

High Marshal Hunter said...

lol, I wish you could too. I