Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's All Over but the Clear Coat: Vanguard Vets

The next installment in the Vanguard Veteran Squad WIP. I have completed the painting. The only thing left to do is put on the clear coat.

As these are the first models I have painted since an 18 month break from the hobby, I have lost a bit of dexterity. Some of my brush strokes, highlighting, etc. was not at the same standard as before. However, with a bit more practice, things will come back together.

I have the Honor Guard lined up next. However, I need to outfit them a bit differently considering that the codex has changed since the last time I put all the war gear on the models. My intention is to play a Descent of Angels list. So, I will put Meltaguns on the Honor Guard.

A jump pack list will get me up and running quickly. I can play this list and enjoy it greatly, while I slowly replace the Mech which was stolen from me. Hope you enjoy the pics.

I placed an order with GW today. Assault Marines, Meltaguns, Jump Packs, Priests, and Chaplains!


4 comments:

Hallowed Ground said...

they look great. If you ever remember how you painted the urban bases let me know?

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

I blogged about it when I first tried them. Look under the label 'WIP' on my blog. A post titled 'Urban Base Test Case Pt.3' has the details on how I painted it.

http://pitchedbattle.blogspot.com/2009/07/urban-base-test-cases-pt3.html

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome man! I haven't seen that left/right pattern in a long time.


-Da Shootiest!

Feldmarshal Goehring said...

Thanks, friend. I appreciate your comments.