Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Making of a Gaming Club

I have been playing Warhammer 40k for 12 years. When I finished divinity school and moved to my current area, I wanted to play 40k. So, I rekindled my brother's interest in the game. Together, we introduced a new player to the game, and I stumbled upon someone who had been collecting and painting Black Templar mini's for years without playing. Naturally, he loved playing the game. So, we became a group of 4 players.

However, I live in a small town in a rural area of South Carolina, USA. There are no gaming stores and no gaming clubs in our area. The closest store is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.

We currently have 4 players in our local group. I know that there is at least one other player who lives in our area.

I want to formalize our little group. I want to constitute a gaming club. I would love for our group to become a club and grow. If my career carries me away, I would love to come back and find that the club has continued.

Have any of you been involved in the forming of a gaming club? Do you have any advice? What is the best way to formalize a club and get it to grow beyond my kitchen table?

Thanks for any help to our fledgling gaming group.

I have featured a picture of a unit or model in each of our players armies. All the pictures are of the armies on the table in battlefield action. . .

Even a picture of my Baneblade getting blasted by an orbital bombardment.

No comments: