Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tactical Squad WIP

I am nearing completion of my repainting and rebasing work on the Tactical Squad. You will probably notice that Mr. Meltagun is absent. I cannot really tell you why I did not work on him with the rest of the Tac Squad. When I moved them to the workdesk for painting and such, I just left old meltagun on the shelf. Just a mental lapse on my part.

You should be able to see in the pictures that I have decided to use the CD Plastic Urban Bases from our Urban Base Test. I really like the outcome. I have done some work to add extras on the bases. I piled some Random cuts of CD plastic on some of the bases, and I cut some bricks out of plastic sprue for one base.

I have a few more things to do in order to finish them up. However, I am pleased with the way things are going. My Tactical Squad was really bringing the army down.

I bought them in the Assault on Black Reach set and painted them quickly before I had a real direction for my new venture out of the Imperial Guard into the world of Space Marines. Now that they have gotten the care and attention they deserve, I feel a lot better about them.

It was getting late, so I did not set up the lights and background box for photos. You will have to be satisfied with the workdesk for a background.

Also, I paint all the heavy weapons with blue helmets, not just the Devastator Squad. The purpose is to allow me to switch out all the heavy weapons between the Tactical Squad and the Devastator Squad. Versatility . . . options. It is the same reason that I magnetized backpacks and jump packs for my Assault Marines.

No comments: